Competition is stiff for shelf space in Costco, Walmart, Target, Barnes & Noble, Supermarkets, Airport stores and other big national chains. But you CAN grab your share if you know the rules.New Shelves Book distributor Amy Collins has the playbook on how to work with all of those stores because that’s exactly what she does 5 days a week. She’ll show you how you can do it, too, and teach you the right way to approach those big stores as sell as supermarket chains and airport bookstores.
You will learn:
- An overview of the kinds of books national chains, airport stores and supermarkets want to see
- What they buy and when they buy them…timing is critical!
- How to work with the buyers, merchandisers and the marketing departments at these big stores
- What you must know about getting into airport bookstores
- How to know if your book belongs in a certain chain and if there’s room on their shelves for it
- 5 questions to ask yourself before you approach the stores
- How to change their minds if they say “no”
Amy Collins started her career in the book industry as the book buyer for Village Green Books in Rochester, New York. In 1996, she became a National Account Rep for Prima Publishing. In 2001, Amy was named Director of Sales at Adams Media in Boston and quickly rose to the Special Sales Director for parent company, F+W Media. Over the years, she has sold to Barnes & Noble, Target, Costco, Borders, Books-A-Million, Wal-Mart, and all the major chains as well as helped launch several private label publishing programs for the book chains and companies such as PetSmart and CVS. In February 2006, she started a book marketing company for small presses that quickly became the fastest-growing book distribution company in North America, New Shelves Distribution.